If you wish to refresh iOS App Store, you can either force close and re-open it, or you could force refresh content right from the App Store itself.
To force refresh App Store, tap 10 times on one of the options at the bottom – Featured, Top Charts, Explore, Search or Updates. Make sure you pick one option and tap on it 10 times (e.g. tap 10 times on Updates), rather than tap on different options.
Once you’ve tapped 10 times, App Store content will reload, along with any updates as well.
Some of you may have experienced App Store on your iPhone/iPod/iPad being very slow. The reason for this is Genius for Apps system service. After its turned off, you’ll see a noticeable improvement in App Store.
To turn off Genius for Apps follow these steps:
1) Open Settings
2) Go to Privacy
3) Go to Location Services
4) Scroll to the very bottom of the page and go to System Services
5) Set the status of Genius for Apps to Off.
This only works in iOS 6.
Some of you may have tried to download updates from App Store, only to receive a message “Your device or computer could not be verified. Contact support for assistance”.
Solution is to delete network preferences file, which will then get recreated after restarting the computer.
1) Make sure you are logged in as the administrator
2) Open Finder and go to /Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration
3) Delete file NetworkInterfaces.plist (back up the file first for just in case)
4) Restart your Mac
5) After restart, go to App Store and the error message should be gone