Basilik II is an open source Mac emulator, emulating 68k Macs. Recently I’ve set up a virtual Mac running System 7.5.3 using Basilik II. Once I had the right files / images, it was relatively straight forward to set up and configure virtual Mac.
To set up a Mac using Basilik II, you’ll need:
- Basilik II (official website)
- Mac OS – Apple offers a free download of System 7.5.3, search on their website for links
- Mac ROM image – Google is your friend here
Emaculation also has great installation guides which you should also read through:
- Setting up Basilik II for Windows
- Setting up System 7.5.3 with Basilik II for OS X
- Getting online with Basilik II
Here is a few screenshots of Basilik II running under OS X.