This article explains how to stream media from a Windows 7 based PC to XBox 360 console.
To be able to stream media, first you’ll need to configure Windows 7 to share libraries set up in Windows Media Player, and then configure XBox 360 to connect to Windows 7 PC.
1) Click on Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet
2) Select Home Group and Sharing Options
3) Click Change advanced sharing settings
4) Under Public -> Media Streaming click on Choose media streaming options
5) Click Turn on media streaming
6) Enter a name for your library
7) Click OK (By default, all Xbox 360 consoles on the network are allowed to connect)
Note: “Choose media streaming options” screen can also be accessed from within Windows Media Player. Select Stream -> More Streaming Options…
To configure a library in Windows Media Player, right click desired library (Music, Videos, or Pictures) and select Manage Music Library
1) Under My Xbox select Video Library, Music Library or Picture Library
2) Select your PC from the list of sources
3) Select an item to play
Note: If on Xbox after selecting your PC in the list of sources you get a message saying “Can’t connect. Make sure you have activated this console on your computer.”, go back to “Choose media streaming options” (step 4 for Windows Configuration), select Xbox from the list of devices and set status to “Allowed”, then click OK.